Redmine: Open Source Project Management Web Application
The Redmine open source project management web application is a flexible project management system written with the help of the Ruby on Rails framework. It is a cross-database and cross-platform project management systems.
Here is a quick look into the main qualities of Redmine’s open source project management web application:
- Multiple databases support
- Multi-language support
- User self-registration support
- Multiple LDAP authentication support
- Issue creation via email
- SCM integration (Darcs, Bazaar, Mercurial, Git, CVS, and SVN)
- Custom fields for users, projects, time-entries, and issues
- Time tracking
- Per project forums
- Per project wiki
- Email and feeds notifications
- File, documents, and news management
- Calendar and Gantt chart
- Flexible issue tracking system
- Flexible role based access control
- Multiple projects support
Since this is an open source web application that you can use as a project management system for free, there is no centralized support. However, you can get help and discuss Redmine right on the Redmine forum. Further, Redmine is maintained and built by a community of volunteers, so if you feel like giving back to the community the Contribute page has several ideas on how you can do this. When using Redmine for your project management systems, experience in software development is not necessary.
Are you sure you want to report it?
CommentsNo comments yet.
|Streak: CRM Inside Gmail|
|Freshdesk: Cloud-Based Customer Support Software|
|Nimble: High End CRM Software Systems|
|Intercom: Customer Communication Management Platform|
|Formstack: Online Form Builder with Signature|