AIM simply stands for AOL Instant Messenger which is developed by AOL Inc. AIM was first released in May of 1997 and has been popularly used in North America in the early 2000s. It was considered then as the leading instant messaging application. By the end of the decade, it’s popularity went on a steep decline and has been compared and used in case studies with other once high and mighty internet services like MySpace.
With AIM’s instant messenger app, you can do the following:
- Social notifications – chat with friends and get notified from your favorite social networks on Google Talk and AIM.
- Media Sharing – easily share with all your buddies tweets, videos, photos, and a whole lot more.
- Group conversations - AIM makes it convenient to share and talk to a group of people or your team members. This way you can collaborate with colleagues or chat with friends which make it a cost effective business tool.
- Free Text Messaging – Say goodbye to overage charges and texting limitations with AIM. You can easily send free text messages via your AIM app. However, data and message rates may apply to the recipient.
- Use on a wide range of devices – you can download AIM to your desktop, laptop, Android or Apple phones.